Monday, January 23, 2006

let the journaling begin!

okay, I am making it a goal this week to journal more frequently!

I am feeling like it's a good start to the week. Last week at this time, I was feeling VERY discouraged as the scale wasn't showing any weight loss at all. Then, it seemed like 2 pounds found their way off of my thighs and all of a sudden, I feel like I am on track. I hit the gym 3 times last week and chanted my mantra "I am building a healthy heart...".

AND...maybe bigger than anything, I had a complement yesterday & it put EVERYTHING into focus for me. I went to Starbucks and the line was moving very slowly [shift change & newbies!] and the guy making the drinks said to me "sorry it took so long" and I replied with, "no worries" and he says, "I like it when you come in here, you're always so nice and patient when you come in". And I was like WOW! A, I made an impression with my attitude and B, I made an impression with my attitude! What really matters in my life? That I can wear a size 2 or that I can make a difference in the lives of other people with my life and my attitude. Talk about a wake-up call. And do I still care about how I look? FOR SURE. Is is the MOST important thing in my world? HECK NO. Do I want to be heathy? FOR SURE. Am I going to let the self-loathing voice in my head rule my world? HECK NO!

Phew! Got that all off my chest!!

No comments: