Thursday, July 27, 2006

a thought.

Something clicked with me last night when I was sitting around & John says to me "I thought you were going to go to the gym tonight" and I hummed & hawed & sighed and he said "you'll feel better if you go". Smart man! I just needed that kick in the pants. And as I was on the treadmill, I had a revelation [or a re-revelation, since I've had this one before!]: I do a pretty good job of staying within my calories, I drink a ton of water, I eat a lot of fiber, most of my diet is low fat & low sugar...so why is this such a painfully slow thing? I've been stuck in the low 190's FOR MONTHS! yes, I've been walking and training - but the key for me is the kicking into gear the whole exercise thing. I can always find an excuse, especially at 3pm or worse, 7pm. So John & I talked about affording to put the boys in the gym daycare for the month of August so that I am comitted to be at the gym every morning. He said to go for it. So, I'm going for it! It reminds me of the quote "when you fail to plan, you plan to fail". I feel like now I have a plan.

No comments: