Monday, April 30, 2007

crazy monday

what was in people's corn flakes this morning?? let me narrow that statement down: what did the kids in my class eat for breakfast this morning? they were just ornery...or was it me that was just off kilter? ahhh. regardless, it was a crazy day. I totally feel like I am treading water right now and that's not a great feeling. so I've been thinking that I need a schedule change! mmmm. gotta love it when the wheels start turnin'.

john & I had a talk tonight. about food & money. we struggle from the same disease: the love of eating & the love of spending. both of us have been totally guilty of over indulging and therefore, not honouring each other or ourselves. we've been lazy. and I guess, maybe lazy with our marriage. when I think of what my over spending and over eating do for our marriage, it makes me sad. I am totally guilty of not holding up my end of the bargain: to love, cherish, honour. I treat john the same way I treat myself...not a pretty sight. we had a good talk tonight though and we are committed to changing and keeping each other accountable. we are going to do a couple of things together: not enable each other as far as eating goes, be honest with our spending and spend more time talking about things. it is really easy to get complacent in relationships; neither of us wants to be in that place, therefore more work is needed. I love that he his totally committed to working on this. and that he is willing to step out of his comfort zone to keep each other accountable. there is a scripture in proverbs that comes to mind. something about sleeping a little, resting a little and weeds growing in the vineyard. I am going to see if I can find it. we'll see how my biblical detective skills are!

k. found it!
proverbs 24:30-34
"I walked by the field of a lazy person, the vineyard of one lacking sense. I saw that it was overgrown with thorns. It was covered with weeds, and its walls were broken down. Then, as I looked and thought about it, I learned this lesson: A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest? and poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber."

I don't want to leave our marriage in disarray due to laziness - sleep, slumber & rest [or just basic neglect]. it's done. we are off to tend to the vineyard [like the ones in solomon's OTHER book!].

No comments: