Sunday, February 10, 2008

40 days of lent

lent began this week. 5 weeks until easter.

I have a theme verse for this year: 'trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not, on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight". okay, so that is the cori version of the verse...the way I remember it. the new living translation says: trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. seek his will in all you do and he will direct your paths [proverbs 3:5-6]. I have been thinking a lot about how this impacts my life - how I think, live, speak, listen. and I have been thinking about it in regards to my diet/eating/food issues. I know God cares about this whole issue. so, how do I reconcile all of it? well something came to me today. I am still living my life as I was 10 years ago - a life of self-loathing, hatred, arrogance, selfishness. now, I know that I have turned away from that past life, yet I seem to wander in that desert of complaining, as did the israelites, thousands of years ago. I need to remember what I've come from, in order to get to where I am going. the where I'm going part has nothing to do with a number on a scale. I have been so obsessed with the "pseudo-goal" that I have once again neglected the true goal - my soul-health. I am still working this all out in my head...but I will keep you posted. [it's heading to a place of "in all things moderation"]. off to go walk 6.7k with my mom & joy. the training has really begun!

No comments: