Saturday, March 22, 2008

here I go again...

I have run out of blog titles!!

finally, I have two little boys that both got close to 14 hours of sleep each. and shockingly, I like them today [wonder if that's a coincidence!!]. yesterday was not my best mom day. both boys were cranky [sleep deprived and they refused to eat anything but easter treats...yeah, ty found a box of whoppers at 8am yesterday morning...that should have been a sign]. I couldn't pay ty to eat anything of substance yesterday. needless to say, not my best mom day on many, many counts. I did, however, get loads of stuff done yesterday [because I have the BEST husband in the world...he took both boys after church to his mom's house for several hours!]. groceries are bought, shower present bought [I've been invited to two showers this week - it's a BABY BOOM!! - and I was sad that I couldn't make it to tyson's party], easter treats bought, coffee was consumed and I did an hour's walk.

makes me think. while I was walking I was listing to al gordon speak on leadership and he said to list your goals/priorities for your life. then he said that above all plans that we make with our lives, that our families and kids must come first in order to experience success anywhere else. this is totally contrary to how most people view authentic leadership. there are many priorities on my list [save the world, change the world, lose weight, be the best in my profession] I need to put my kids and my family before these things. I've been struggling with meaning in my life. at the beginning of lent, I quoted the scripture "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not, on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight" [the cori version of the NLT]. and in trying to live this out the message I have heard through all of this is this: I am in the right place. so, instead of being the person who saves all the starving children in sudan, I need to be a great mom to my own children right here. I need to be a support to my kids at school. I need to get my head out of my arse and be a good friend.

so, here I begin again; well maybe not begin altogether, but I need to get my head back in the game and my feet back on the right path. and when I sit in church tomorrow morning, reflecting on the significance of the day, I will be there with a full, thankful heart.

No comments: