Wednesday, December 30, 2009

dancing with myself

things to do before tomorrow night:
1. take down christmas
2. vacuum [well, this is John's job, but nevertheless needs to be done!]
3. wash the floors
4. shred old bills [like, we're talking OLD!]
5. lunch with susan
6. make & mail new years cards
7. buy some food for tomorrow night
8. read my book
9. drink some coffee [should be much earlier on the list]
10. buy season 1 of glee on dvd. EEEEEKKKKK!!! this makes my heart happy.

other than number 6, potentially all of these could really get accomplished. so, I went to weight watchers today. the last time I had been was nov 28th, so it had been a month. and, I only gained 3lbs. I am quite pleasantly surprised, since I was so sure I had gained 10lbs and would be starting back in square one. so, I've set a goal for this week: I am going to track EVERYTHING - good or bad. I am going to drink 6-8 glasses of water per day. I am going to go on an alcohol fast as of friday morning. january 1 until feb 1st. one month. I have had more booze in the month of december that it's embarrassing. seriously. martini's and margarita's have more calories than I really need in my body. and I have seriously been drunk almost every weekend this month. I am flippin' 37 years old and have no business getting drunk all the time. so, detox for the month of january. I am also contemplating cutting out sugar, but that may send my system into complete shock, so for now I will track everything and replace booze with water!!

saw a quote today that I liked:
"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one that feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries." [Theodore Isaac Rubin]

No comments: