Tuesday, December 28, 2010

winter winds

irony.  it's a crazy thing, looking back.  and although I didn't write these words trying to be arrogant, knowing now what my year turned out to be, I'm thinking now they kinda were.  and now I'm in a bind.  I like the idea of choosing a word that will set the tone for the new year but how do I choose one that isn't so lofty?  I am currently liking the word NORMAL.  ha!  or BORING.  but I need a word that lights the way through the next year, but also takes the focus off of me and what I can or can't do.  maybe a word like GRACE or MERCY.  not at all about me, but what's been done for me.  I am going to do some thinking on this - see what comes to my mind over the next few days.  I'll unveil the big word on saturday.  or sunday.  ha!


{#95}

kicking the boys outside yesterday afternoon was the best thing I had done all day yesterday!  the snow was deep and cold, but it wore them out a bit!  and then I did my walk last night - felt like 5k, but who knows.  apparently no one was keeping track!  when I got home, I made myself some sweet potato fries. super yummy and healthier than the hershey's kisses that I also ate!  ahhh.  the transition to healthy eating does come with some bumps in the road.  but this morning, a much better start.  super healthy, protein-filled, yummy pancakes.  I may be expecting too much with my mini-detox, but maybe that's a good thing!  so I'll count that as {#96}!

No comments: