Saturday, January 08, 2011

roll away the stone

it feels like all my blog posts are full of randomness lately.  I think that's because my december blog posts were so focused on one topic {joy} and that theme kept me on topic.  now I'm just in the mundane with january here and I'm struggling to write anything really deep and meaningful, knowing that really, deep and meaningful can't be forced and sometimes random leads my brain to where it needs to really go.  it's like wandering through all the laundry hanging on the line so that you can see the sunset on the other side of it.  all of that to say this:  sorry for the randomness - I'm hoping it leads to some meaning in the short, short while.  I have to say, I am rather impressed with myself with just the sheer quantity of posting I've been able to do.  it does clear my head.  and this is good.

{random thought #1}
remember how I said a couple of days ago that I didn't really like the movie, the boy in the striped pyjamas?  okay, well turns out that watching the movie without the book is really powerful.  I could find a lot of really great things in the movie this time around just because the book wasn't in the picture.  my kids were stunned after it was all over and I am excited to see where this will take us, and them in their learning!

{random thought #2}
there was almost 15 cm of snow that fell here overnight.  I was suppose to drive to glendon after school yesterday to spend some time with coralee, but decided at the last minute to make the safe choice and not drive in a snow storm.  although I know it was the right thing to do, I'm sad that I wasn't able to go.  however, on the flipside, I was asleep at 8:00 last night.  I think I slept for almost 12 hours.  I needed that SOOOOOO badly.  this week has just zapped my energy and I just haven't been sleeping nearly enough.  so john took nate to his 830 am soccer game, leaving ty and I in bed with electronic devices!  ty is playing lego batman on his ds.  I'm on the computer!  perhaps I should do some laundry at some point.  I just know that I have no real desire to leave the house and conquer the mountains of snow.  blah.  more is coming.  and it's coming with WIND.  good, good, GOOD times!!

{random thought #3}
so this week I've really been focusing on the eat clean diet.  I had bought the book in november and then got a cookbook for christmas.  so I've been attempting to cook more, pack my lunches, eat clean, cut out sugar, etc.  and it's been going really well.  until yesterday.  eeeekkk!  I had a small piece of cheesecake at work.  then another. [and honestly, the two small pieces still equalled a small-ish normal piece] but it kinda just spiralled from there.  some bits-and-bites left over from christmas and hershey's kisses.  yeah.  I was home alone last night and feeling sad about my cancelled visit.  so I ate crap.  because you know it helps.  well, I got the belly ache from hell.  even this morning my stomach doesn't feel so hot.  have I learned my lesson?  the correct answer would be YES!  but let's be honest.  this whole sugar thing is HARD WORK.  and I love sugar.  I love sugary things.  like chocolate.  and baking.  and treats.  sigh.  so, today, it's back up on the wagon.  since I'm home anyways, I think I'll make some more  pumpkin-applesauce muffins and try my hands at some other things...we'll see how it goes!

okay.  enough chit-chat.  ty just told me he was hungry and so am I!  gonna make a pot of coffee and some eggs on toast.

[eta: forgot to add these pics, in honour of starbucks announcing a logo change this week!]




stay warm and drive safely [all of you in the edmonton area!]  xoxo

No comments: