Thursday, February 10, 2011

happiest times

I have issues.  okay, I'll tell you something you don't know!  {I'm still thinking...}


I read this today and was thinking that I need to take a "cup half full" approach to my life.  I do most of the time, but lately I've been in a fog.  a big, nasty, hormonal fog.  I went and saw my doctor today and she's switching stuff up.  decreasing the fog.  this is good.  there is a lot happening in my head lately and I haven't felt wordy enough to talk about it, but I feel like I'm in a place of great pause.  a time where I am being required just to stop doing and just be.  a place of grace.  I chose a piece of scripture to go along with the word I chose for 2011 and I feel that I am being reminded to just rest.

"are you tired?  worn out?  burned out on religion?  come to me.  get away with me and you'll recover your life.  I'll show you how to take a real rest.  walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it.  learn the unforced rhythms of grace.  I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.  keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."  {matthew 11:28-30}

No comments: