Monday, March 28, 2011

butterfly

just a heads up, there is a whole lot of random this morning...and none of it is very connected.  no smart segues in my writing today!


it's day one of spring break.  thank god.  last week was rough at best, stringing together a number of fairly intense weeks.  like what the heck happened to march?  no, for real.  being in "pause" mode has been good considering the busy that has been march.  and seriously, check out the view.  it looks like november out there.  grey, icky, cold.  I am trying to emerge from my state of emotional hibernation, but this weather is not doing me any good.  and I am trying not to complain too much.  we're very fortunate here in alberta.  it gets snowy and cold, but we don't get earthquakes and tsunamis.  I have much to be thankful for.

so I had this big spring break plan - to do a 10 day stretch of bikram yoga - and to do it just to get myself out of this funk.  like a cleanse.  leave all the garbage in the studio.  sweat it all out.  and now I'm sick.  coughing, congested and just icky.  not sick enough to spend the day in bed, but too sick to do hot yoga. I am really bummed out about this.  and I am really hoping that this cough thing clears so I can get a few days in before spring break is over.  grrr.

and I have another spring break goal.  to make some phone calls.  I am a horribly wretched friend.  especially to those people who I don't see on a regular basis.  and don't argue with me.  it's true.  I know I can legitimately blame the whole thing that is my life:  working full time + mom of two boys + soccer + report cards + wife + daughter + stampin' up + church = barely enough time to think.  the people I'm friends with that are in my general circle of interaction are good.  step out of that circle and beware.  I fall off the face of the earth.  and I don't know how to fix this.  other than picking up the phone when I have some down time, like this week.  I just feel really crappy about letting it get so far gone.  and just really unsure how to change my behaviour.  because I own this.  it's me.  see.  I get tired just thinking about it.

okay, and my friend brenda {HI BRENDA!!!} is off in indonesia doing wonderful things with her life.  we were trying to get her skyped into the service yesterday and it failed miserably.  audio issues.  she facebooked me and asked if I would video some of the service.  well, that's hard when you're at the piano!  I did get a bit of video taken, but it's going to need some editing.  I did get this song recorded though...{let's see how long it takes to get it imbedded...!}  okay, never mind.  I'm going to make a video and use it as the sound track.  the internet connection at this lovely starbucks is a bit too slow for uploading.  I'll see what creations I can make this afternoon...!!

No comments: