Saturday, June 11, 2011

songbird

epic fail.  okay, maybe I'm being slightly dramatic!  I was down .5 today for a total of 9 lbs in what?  oh yeah.  15 weeks.  that's definitely less than my target of two pounds per week!  however, when I look at WHAT I ate this past week, it all makes sense.  and I am just grateful for the minus, since I deserved a plus!  and still, 9 lbs is not too shabby - that's the size of a large baby.  just gone.  off my ass.  okay, not my ass, but you know what I mean.  and there is a mere four weeks until my birthday, so it's time to kick it up a notch.  I'm aiming for those elusive two pounds a week for a total of 8.  that would be good.  the question is, am I willing to put in the work necessary to make it happen?  I want to say YES!  {with a resounding bit of determination} but the truth is that we are heading into the last two weeks of school and I don't know if I have the fortitude to stick with it.

that said, my mom is back in town so she'll get my butt moving on our long walk tomorrow. 10km.  and this week, I need to just get out there and do it.  get my time in on my shoes.  not too sure if this whole "no sugar" thing is something I have energy for.  if not, I'm not going to stress.  I'm just going to go back to the basics of tracking and eating my 5-6 small meals a day, combining a complex carb with a protein.  it's what works for me.  I bought tons of fresh veg at the market today, so I'll start there.  I can do this.  I can kick eight pounds of lard to the curb before my birthday.  I can go into my 39th year on this planet stronger, thinner and healthier than I've ever been.  {okay, all this self-motivating talk is tempting me into  going back to no sugar...grrr!}  I'm not going to commit to that right now, but I know it's what I need to do.  maybe I just take it day by day.

No comments: