Friday, July 15, 2011

I can't stay

okay, a break in "vegas stories 2011".  first some sexyback11 updates!

#1 - I was up 2 lbs.  GRRRRR.  okay, so maybe being up 2 lbs after being in vegas for 4 days isn't the end of the world, but it is to me!!  for me, training is not conducive to weight loss.  never has been.  it's never been my optimal weight loss method.  but my time, energy, pacing and all of the walking is really good this time around.  I feel fitter, leaner and stronger, but I really wish that the numbers on the scale would match.  super irritating.  oh, but I should just own the fact that I had one or two margaritas on my trip and maybe some onion rings.

#2 - I have been walking.  6k on wednesday and 8k today.  12k tomorrow.  I am actually looking at doing another half in december - in a warmer local.  the winter training in edmonton is not pretty and not happy.  so if I can train for september, october and november I'd be happy.  fall in edmonton can be lovely.  that's the plan, we'll see!  let's make it through the training for the half coming in just over a month!

#3 - I totally can't remember what I was going to write about for #3!  seriously.  I'm sitting here and my mind just went blank.  so I guess I am just going to leave it!

ETA:  I REMEMBERED!!!
I feel icky.  that reminded me.  my belly is hating me right now, and has all week.  so it's time.  it's time to mean what I say and show that I can hit some pain.  it's time for a commitment to two weeks of NO SUGAR!  I would add alcohol to that, but I am going to bc to the okanagan next week and that's where they grow the stuff.  I would be setting myself up for failure.  but I've done the no sugar thing before and I can do it again.  I have no excuses this week {or next}.  included in this is me going low-carb.  not no-carb, but low on the grains and pasta, high on the veg and fruit.  when I did this a couple of months ago, I had a lot of success with limiting my carbs to "grains/pasta/rice" with dinner.  tomorrow I am going to the farmer's market to stock up on good produce.  I need to lose those two stubborn pounds FOR GOOD.  {and then some more!}

my new mantra:

1 comment:

Grant Jenkins said...

I'm sure you know this, but if you're doing a lot of training you may be toning and building muscle, which weighs more than fat anyway. That may account for the gain. Are you taking your body measurements, too? Week before last I only dropped half a pound, but in the 2 weeks leading up to that I lost 5 inches around my body.