Saturday, September 24, 2011

does your mother know

gonna just list this post.  it's been a horribly exhausting week at work and I added to it by being out until 2am-ish this morning.

1.  september is nearly over.  routines are in place, but the weather has been HOT.  much warmer than we're accustomed to, here in this lovely city.  I am not complaining, but it does make keeping my kids in after school to finish homework super difficult.  it's been a tough month, as it often is.  ty's slowly adjusting to grade one and nate is just happy when I'm not around his school.

2.  I got to walk the boys to school on thursday.  the first time in four years.  I was at their school to watch the music teacher teach {'cause I'm teaching music this year!}, so I combined it with going into each of their classrooms and reading a book.  ty was so pleased and proud that I would come.  nate burst into tears.  sigh.  needless to say, I read to both classes, then watched some kick-ass music classes!

3.  we took the boys to the eskimo game last night.  now, I love my football and I especially love the cfl. but I don't love losing.  grrr.  it was a BEAUTIFUL night and it was really nice to be at the game with the kids and a bunch of our friends.


4.  after the game, john took the boys home to bed and I went to my friends house for some drinks and skateboarding.  I learned how to ride a long board a couple of weeks ago and I am totally addicted.  I LOVE riding and feeling so free.  it's like holding onto a kite and just sailing into the wind.  kinda like that little kid in the movie up, with all the balloons.  so last night, we hit the roads in the 'hood and I took this picture.  my friend's neighbour - the one with all the long boards - let me take one home to borrow.  my legs are killing me from all the skateboarding I've done in the last 24 hrs, but I am LOVING every last minute of it.  STAY AWAY, SNOW!!


5.  so after only four hours of sleep last night, and a greasy egg sandwich, I went home and pulled out the skateboards with the boys.  ty ROCKS.  nate struggles.  both were super tired today and not so willing to practice corners with me, but even nate was getting better by the end of the day.  I think my neighbours think I'm nuts.  okay, well kinda.


6.  and then tonight we had tickets to a pre-season oilers game, courtesy of my dad.  the boys love hockey and my dad has killer seats this year.  it was the young guns version of the battle of alberta.  and edmonton beat calgary in the last 90 seconds with a sweet goal from taylor hall, assisted by ryan nugent-hopkins.  totally cool.  and at the end of the game, since we had club seats, john took the boys to the basement where they can watch the players come off the ice.  and ty comes back up grinning ear to ear, clutching a sawed off, taped hockey stick.  I guess one of the oilers equipment guys gave it to him.  he'd be sleeping with it, if I let him.



it's been a good weekend.  but I am tired {not complaining, it's totally of my own doing!}.  I need to try walk 10k tomorrow.  I'd be happy if I could do my 8k loop...and then hop on the board and go for a whirl around the lake...

how was your weekend??

No comments: