Friday, October 14, 2011

yellow submarine

1.  I've decided that busy is the new normal.  I hate it, but it is what it is, so I must develop a system to survive.  a protocol.  an efficiency system.  so last weekend, I cooked a pizza and froze it for the kids lunches {my nemesis}.  I made 5 doz super healthy muffins.  made my happy protein pancakes for an easy grab in the morning.  and I cleaned out my freezer.  and honestly, it's like I took a ton of decision making and planning and thinking right off my plate.  when John's on nights, and I'm the parent in charge, I need to make things easy for myself.  I succeeded this week.  and it's lead to easier parenting.  this I can do.  so yes, this is me patting myself on the back - and asking for y'all to remind me that when I'm sinking again in a couple of weeks, yell at me to GO BACK TO THE PLAN!!!!

2.  I started my walking program again this week.  I hit the pavement on tuesday and wednesday.  and then today didn't happen.  but tomorrow will, so it's a good start, right?

3.  I haven't been on the long board in a week.  THAT is a problem.  long boarding is good for my mental heath!

4.  I went into school last weekend and got ahead of myself for the first time all year.  that was a good idea on so many levels.  but now I feel like I need to do the same next weekend.  yeah, not a habit I want to get into.  mind you, next week I'll be able to go in early and that is my usual way of staying ahead of the game.  that and blasting my music in the morning while I work!

5.  no #5.  I'm tired.  finished the last of the bag of vegas m&ms.  black.  purple.  pink.  aqua.  good thing I have this little half marathon thingy coming up.  I can totally stock up!

xoxo

1 comment:

lyssa said...

I love it when a plan comes together ;) Planning is my best friend, I feel like I am drowning when I don't take time to plan! Keep on it and survive the busy! And good luck on your next half marathon, they are quite something!