Wednesday, March 28, 2012

up all night

it's spring break around here.  a whole week off...and of course, I'm sick.  a massive cold of nastiness!!  so frustrating!  regardless, I was in the office on friday last week and I didn't have a chance to spend a lot of time with my students, so they left me this:  

{they're good kids!} 

 {this is about 12 hours BEFORE I got sick.  I don't think I could have prevented it, but I sure wish I could have!!}

{so the girls and I road tripped it down to calgary for an overnight shopping trip.  less than three hours in the car and we were in shopping heaven.  the poor girls had to endure a night of drugged up coughing, but it was worth it...I think!!}

{new shoe splurge}

so I did two weeks of gluten free eating to support one of my friends.  turns out, I think gluten and I have issues.  for me, no wheat = no belly aches.  not that I have severe issues all the time, but even the occasional severe bout of stomach ache isn't a great way to live, right?  so I'm thinking I need to change the way I eat - again.  I always blamed dairy and coffee for the icky, but dairy and coffee aren't giving me grief when I'm not eating wheat.  very curious!  so perhaps I continue down this path.  it's not even that I miss bread, but I miss cookies.  ha!  my only huge issue is that gluten free eating is often high fat/calorie.  so I need to go the route of lean proteins and lots of fruits and veggies.  which means I need a plan.  and I'm sick, so I think I'll give it a couple of days until this cold clears and I can think again.

oh, and then there's the half marathon training that needs to start.  {are you feeling my enthusiasm?}

No comments: