Monday, June 25, 2012

gold on the ceiling v.2

my sweet baby is 7.  a week ago we celebrated his birthday and he's been celebrating ever since!!  crazy kid.  I always have a bit of a "shutter" on his birthday because I had an awful birthing experience; we've always said that it's a good thing he came out cute.

he is a handful though.  he's hard to parent and difficult to keep my temper around.  but boy does he make me laugh.  his sweet innocence and his passionate spirit are amazing; I hope he never loses those.

he's fierce.  he calls it like he sees it.  he cares about justice and stands up for his friends {and sometimes his brother!}.  he'll fight for what he feels is right.  and when I told him last night that he was only thinking about himself and not about the people around him, he burst into tears and just couldn't understand how I would say such lies {he was jumping on the bed and I had to re-fold the laundry!!}.  for all his exterior toughness, he has a soft heart and I pray that it stays that way.  he doesn't believe everything he's told.  he's good at every sport he tries.  {yeah.  he didn't get that from me!!  he skated the first time he was on the ice and he hit a baseball the first time it was pitched at him}.  he has his father's loyalty and apparently my temper!  he wants to teach himself how to play guitar {we're going to learn together}, because he taught himself how to play the recorder.  he knows lyrics to every song he hears on the radio and the black keys are his current favourite.  he love snorkelling in the bath tub.  he takes planet books out at the library every week.  he reads above grade level and his writing is super interesting.  we like to go skateboarding together.  and we like super heros.  and harry potter.  and after he watches a movie, he makes his brother dress up and play.  he creates his costumes and doesn't care what anyone thinks.  he's a ninja.  a rockstar.  captain america.  harry potter.  iron man.  ty.  t-y.  tyrone.  sweet t.  big t.  mr. t.  my-ty.  and just plain t.

he's capable.  and I love seeing him realize this.

you're mama may be a week late, but happy birthday my little one.  and remember that 7 year old boys still give their moms hugs and kisses.





1 comment:

lyssa said...

He such a cute little man - but looking so grown up too! Happy Birthday Ty!