Friday, January 04, 2013

days of a child

I was a rockstar today!  finally, I feel like I had the energy to do stuff...and it's the last weekday of christmas vacation.  it's back to work on monday.  amazing how that happens.  well, I honestly suspect that my burst of energy was more food and movement related than anything else.

1.  I've been eating gluten free for the last couple of days.  THAT makes a huge difference in how I feel.  my belly feels better so I feel better.  {shocking!}  I always know that dropping gluten from my diet is key, but stuff with gluten in it tastes SOOOOOOOOO good!!  that said, feeling good today is better than how something tasted yesterday.

2.  I completed day 3 of the jillian michaels 30-day shred.  holy moly.  I was swearing at her this afternoon.  ooooohhhh.  and punching her in the face, when I could line up my punches properly.  I'd better end up with less jiggle when this is done.  I hate the work out, but I love the energy I have.  they are connected.

3.  so I bitch and complain about the lack of rest I get.  maybe I just need to focus on #1 & #2 a bit more, then I'll have more energy and not feel like I need such a big break all the time.  does that make sense?  my lack of rest comes from feeling like I have no energy.  drained all the time.  and then my body doesn't know how to deal with the stress and all the busy that is my life.  maybe if I take care of my health a bit more, and try to punch jm in the face every night, I'll feel a bit less stress.  it's worth a try, right?

4.  I cleaned up christmas today.  it looks so boring in here.  I also cleaned my house - especially that mysterious spot high up in the stairwell that looked like something had been thrown against it.  like an orange.  it's been bugging me for ages, but today, I cleaned it.  and I cooked risotto and a roast chicken for supper.  and I'm caught up on laundry.  I was on fire!


5.  finished all available episodes of sherlock.  LOVE.  I can't wait for season 3!


6.  and I strung my guitar today.  after having it sit in it's lovely stand since june, I strung it, tuned it, and played the one chord I know:  G.  I think I'll aim to learn one or two chords a week.  plus, now I think I can string the ukeleles at school.

7.  and tonight, I'm boycotting the tv so I can read.  and listen to some music.

8.  I am so grateful that my mother-in-law is always so willing to take my kids overnight.  they left at 2pm yesterday and walked in the door at 6pm tonight.  I needed that.  the solitude.  the ability to clean alone.  and have it stay clean for a few hours.  I feel blessed.  and energized.  now some tea, and I'd better get my rascals off to bed!

No comments: