Saturday, January 19, 2013

five minute friday: cherished

yeah, I know.  it's saturday.  I'm always blogging a day late.  blah, blah, blah.  ha!  anyways, if you like the whole fmf thing, go click on that little badgy-thing on the right hand side over there.  go.  click.  it's fun!  {I'm feeling tired, lazy and super sassy...cut me some slack!}

go.

cherished:  to hold something dear; to protect and care for someone lovingly

not too sure if I cherish much.  okay, that's a lie.  or maybe it's not.  my head is a mess with this one.  I've never felt that I hold things close.  I tend to hold things at arms length.  that way I'm not hurt.  what I'm learning is that my heart wants to cherish others and be cherished.  I am not strong.  I am not fierce.  those are outward things.  inside, I'm mush.  and I need to be held and cared for.  only I expect it, want it, miss it and have become the person not willing to make the first gesture.

I need to start feeling more vulnerable.  open.  and begin to cherish the things in my world that are worth cherishing.  with wild abandonment.  free.  my family.  my friends.  my kids.  my husband.  the ones who love me.  strong and fierce can wait for tomorrow.  today my heart is soft.

stop.

your turn.

3 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

I have learned that a soft heart is a blessing. thank you for sharing.

Tanya M. said...

Awesome! Soft hearts are good. Thanks for sharing your sassy and honest heart.

EJ Reading said...

Call me slow... but I only just read this... and oh my word, I loved it.

I am a pro and holding people and things at arms length, and God is doing a massive overhaul on my heart in that area, but I need this reminder each day.